Civic Center, Hall of Justice, Room 113
8:30am - 3:30pm
Filing for a Divorce, Legal Separation or Nullity of Marriage
It is strongly suggested that you consult with a family law attorney so that you are informed of your legal
rights and the important legal issues that may affect your case. Below are options to assist you in filing your
family law case.
- You may contact the Lawyer
Referral Service of the Marin County Bar Association at (415) 499-1314 for a low cost consultation
with a family law attorney.
- You may contact an attorney for legal advice or to represent you by looking in the telephone book. Many
attorneys have a reasonable fee for an initial consultation.
- You may represent yourself. You may seek assistance from Legal Self Help Services located at the Civic Center, Hall of Justice, Room C-27,
San Rafael, CA 94903, (415) 444-7130. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. To allow
yourself enough time to receive assistance from the staff, and to complete your paperwork, please arrive at their office no later than 11:15
a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- You may contact the Family & Children's Law
Center for legal representation at 30 North San Pedro Road, Suite 245, San Rafael, CA, 94903, (415)
492-9230. This agency has a sliding fee scale.
- You may view Court's Local Rules online for the local
procedures that you must follow to file your action in the Court.
Judicial Council forms and
local forms may be downloaded from the Court's web
site. Family Law forms are also available in the Clerk's Office. Required forms may include both Judicial
Council and local forms.